Summer may officially begin on June 20 - but for some of us, summer kicks off with the start of u-pick strawberry season.
Macomb County is home to many farms and orchards – but did you know that they specialize in more than just apples, ciders and fall-themed events? Five of our hometown venues have fresh u-pick strawberries. And nothing beats a fresh strawberry straight from the field.
Strawberries are usually ready for picking around Father’s Day and the season lasts for about three weeks (pending weather). Check out one or all of the strawberry fields in our area and share your favorite strawberry picking story or receipt! Before heading out, be sure to check each place for their COVID safety measures.
- Altermatt Farms – 16470 25 Mile Rd, Macomb
(586) 781-3428 http://www.altermattfarmsllc.com/
- Blake’s Orchard & Cider Mill – 17985 Armada Center Rd, Armada
(586) 784-5343 http://blakefarms.com/
- Blakes – Big Apple – 71485 North Ave, Armada
(586) 784-9710 http://blakefarms.com/
- Westview Orchards – 65075 Van Dyke, Washington
(586) 752-3123 http://www.westvieworchards.com/
- Verellen Orchards – 63260 Van Dyke, Washington
(586) 752-2989 http://www.verellenorchards.com/
Did we miss you? Let us know!