The MMYH blog is thrilled to share that the Bass, Brews & BBQ Festival will return to Macomb County on September 28 and September 29! The event, which takes place at Lake St. Clair Metropark, will be held in conjunction with the (running September 29-October 1).
This festival has something for everyone:
- Tours of the “Pride of Michigan” -- an 81-foot former US Navy training vessel
- 99.5 WYCD broadcasting live (Saturday only)
- The DNR Outdoor Adventure exhibit (Sunday only)
- Live music on Saturday with Joey Vee and on Sunday with Joss Ross
- Lancelot from the 2019 United Shore Professional Baseball League Champions, the Utica Unicorns
- Vendors displaying their offerings
- Family fun and more!
On the tournament side, you’ll find the best bass fishermen in the world battling for glory, trophies and title of “Angler of the Year“ -- which includes a purse of $100,000. The competition will feature daily launches, weigh-ins and opportunities to be up close and personal with world-class fisherman.
As reference, the schedule for the Bassmaster Elite is as follows:
- Saturday (Fan Appreciation Day) – Meet the anglers and learn tips and techniques from the pros
- Sunday – Tuesday: Boats take off at 7:10 a.m.; Weigh-in at 3:30 p.m.
The schedule for the corresponding Bass, Brews & BBQ Festival is:
- Saturday and Sunday: Noon – 6 p.m.
- Sunday: 2 p.m. – 3 p.m. Lancelot from the 2019 United Shore Professional Baseball League Champions, the Utica Unicorns, will join the festivities
The festival is open to the public. A complete list of events is available at
Lauri Cowhy is a senior communications specialist for Macomb County Planning and Economic Development