SHOP LOCAL Macomb
Did you know that there are about 1,600 independently owned and operated retailers in Macomb County? These unique stores enhance our main streets and help create a distinct sense of place for each of Macomb's 27 communities.
While the Shop Local Macomb holiday campaign is over, check out some of the videos of our local indepentent retailers.
Check out the interactive Shop Local Macomb map which features the locally owned stores across Macomb County. The map is searchable by type of merchandise sold or location.
Contest Submission Details
- Take a picture of you at a local shop. The photo can be in front of the store, in the store, with cashier, or with takeout. Or share a screenshot of a positive review left for a business on Facebook or Google
- Submit entry on MakeMacombYourhome.com – Be sure to mention the shop local retailer’s or restaurant's name.
- Share on social media using #ShopLocalMacomb
- Participants are allowed one entry per store.
- Participants are only allowed to win one(1) $150 Gift Card
- Businesses are only allowed to win one(1) $1,000 gift.
- No purchase necessary.
- Photos must be taken between Thursday, November 19, 2019 and Sunday, December 6, 2020.
- All entries must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, December 6.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to participate.
#ShopLocalMacomb is an initiative of Macomb County in partnership with First State Bank, Macomb County Chamber, Sterling Heights Regional Chamber, Anchor Bay Chamber, Eastpointe-Roseville Chamber, Greater Romeo Washington Chamber, and Richmond Chamber of Commerce. No purchase necessary.
How to submit a Facebook or Google Review
1) Go to the business’ Facebook page
2) At the top navigation bar, look for the “Reviews” tab (which may be under “More”)
3) On the “Reviews” page, look for the button that says “Do you recommend [insert name of business]” and click “Yes”
4) When you hit the “Yes” button a box will appear and provide a space to write your positive review
5) When you are done writing your positive review, hit the “Post” button
6) After you hit the “Post Button” click the “Most Recent” tab to see it live
7) Snap a screenshot of your review and submit it www.makemacombyourhome.com
1) Go to www.google.com
2) In the search bar type in the name of the business you want to review
3) Look for Google’s listing for the business
· It will appear on the right hand side of the website in desktop view
· It will appear at the top of the website in mobile view
4) Scroll down until you see “Write a review” in the desktop version or “Rate and review” in the mobile version
5) Click “Write a review” or “Rate and review” and space will appear for you to write your positive review
6) Once you are done writing your positive review click “Post”
7) After you click “Post” a box will show up with a “See Your Reviews” button
8) Click that button and once you see your review live, snap a screenshot of it and submit it to www.makemacombyourhome.com