Immunizations for Infants, Children, Adolescents and Adults
The Macomb County Health Department Immunization Clinics provide vaccines to protect everyone in Macomb County from vaccine preventable disease.
Immunization services are currently available by appointment only. To make an appointment, call either the Mount Clemens Health Center (586-469-5372) or the Southwest Health Center (586-465-8537).
WAIVER EDUCATION IS ONLY AVAILABLE BY APPOINTMENT THROUGH THE SCHOOL IMMUNIZATION PROGRAM. PLEASE CALL 586-466-6840 TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT.
You can save time by printing and completing the forms at home before visiting one of our health centers. Both forms must be completed by a parent or guardian.
Immunization Clinic Schedule
Mount Clemens/Central Health Service Center
21885 Dunham Road, Clinton Township, MI 48036
To make an appointment, call either the Mount Clemens Health Center (586-469-5372) or the Southwest Health Center (586-465-8537). For a list of immunization clinic hours, click here.
Southeast Family Resource Center
25401 Harper, St. Clair Shores, MI 48081
Temporarily Closed for Immunization Services
- Friday, April 15 – closes at noon (Good Friday)
- Monday, May 30 (Memorial Day)
- Monday, July 4 (Independence Day)
- Monday, September 5 (Labor Day)
- Monday, October 10 (Columbus Day)
- Tuesday, November 8 (Election Day)
- Friday, November 11 (Veteran’s Day)
- Thursday, November 24 (Thanksgiving)
- Friday, November 25 (Day After Thanksgiving)
- Friday, December 23 and Monday, December 26 (Christmas Eve/Day Observed)
- Friday, December 30 (New Year’s Eve)
A parent or guardian MUST be available to sign clinic health forms for each child.
At the time of the appointment, please bring: immunization record(s) and valid Medicaid and/or Medicare card along with any supplemental insurance cards. If you do not have a copy of your immunization record, we can print an Official State of Michigan Immunization Record for you, your child or dependent. You can also request your own record by mail/fax using the Request Official State of Michigan Immunization Record Form . Individuals age 18 and older can also access a copy of their Immunization Record here.
For appointments or more information, please call one of our health centers: Mount Clemens (586) 469-5372; Warren (586) 465-8537; St. Clair Shores (586) 466-6800.
Cost of Vaccines
- Macomb County Health Department can bill some commercial insurances for immunization services. Please contact one of our health centers to check if Macomb County Health Department is a provider for your commercial insurance. Final determination of eligibility/benefits must occur at time of service.
- Macomb County Health Department does participate in the Vaccines for Children Program (VFC). Participants of this program who are unable to afford the administration fee should talk with one of the clinic nurses.
- Effective 1/3/2014 there is a vaccine administration charge of $10 for each vaccine given. In addition, vaccine fees will be charged to individuals who are not eligible for Federal and/or State vaccine programs.
- Payment by cash, check or credit card. An enhanced access fee is applied for credit card usage, based on amount of service being charged. We cannot accept Health Savings Account (HSA) or debit card only transactions.
- Medicaid/Medicare Part B will be billed for approved vaccines. At this time, we cannot bill for vaccines covered under Medicare Part D.
Adults may be eligible to receive certain vaccines at a reduced cost. Talk with your immunization nurse to see if you qualify.
2022-2023 Seasonal Flu Vaccinations
For the latest information on flu vaccinations or to schedule a vaccination appointment at the Macomb County Health Department, visit https://health.macombgov.org/index.php/Health-Programs-FamilyHealthServices-ImmunizationClinic-SeasonalFluInformation?webdesign=adaptive.
- For the latest information on COVID-19 vaccinations, visit www.macombgov.org/VaccineCentral.
- For information on where you can get tested for COVID-19, visit https://www.macombgov.org/index.php/covid19-canigettested?webdesign=adaptive.
Beat the Rush! - Get Your Child's School Immunizations Now
Vaccine Recommendations by Age
Vaccination is one of the best ways parents can protect infants, children, and teens from 16 potentially harmful diseases that can be very serious, may require hospitalization, or even be deadly.
And immunizations are not just for children. Protection from some childhood vaccines can wear off over time. Adults may also be at risk for vaccine-preventable disease due to age, job, lifestyle, travel, or health conditions.
Healthcare Provider Links
VIS (Vaccine Information Statements)
In Michigan, it is important that vaccine recipients, their parent, or their legal representatives be given the Michigan versions of the VIS because the include information about the Michigan Care Improvement Registry (MCIR).
Information on the Vaccines for Children Program (VFC)
- AIM ToolKit
- I VACCINATE
- MDHHS - Immunizations
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Vaccine Education Center
- CDC - Vaccines and Immunizations