Macomb is Open Campaign
Whether you want to snag something on #TakeoutTuesday, enjoy your traditional Friday night treat or find something delicious any other day of the week, there are so many Macomb County food and beverage establishments with great offerings. From north to south and east to west there are hundreds of diners, coffee shops, breweries, wineries, bakeries, and ice cream parlors to choose from. And by picking some place local, you’re not only getting to savor something amazing, you’re investing in the communities many of us live, work and play in.
In an effort to promote the many purveyors of food and beverages throughout the county, the restaurant edition of the Macomb Is Open campaign has been launched. Participating is easy and offers the chance for you to help your favorite haunts while snagging something great for yourself.
Between Wednesday, May 20 and Sunday, May 31, enjoy a food and/or beverage from somewhere offering carryout, curbside or delivery service, take a photo, submit it here and share it on social with the hashtag #MacombIsOpen and you’ll be entered to win a $50 gift card and the establishment will have the chance to win a $1,000 grant!
The Macomb Is Open restaurant edition is presented by Michigan Schools and Government Credit Union. Through its generous support, funds have been matched and a total of $20,000 is now available to local consumers and businesses!
All approved submissions will be entered into the drawing. Twenty lucky establishments and patrons will be drawn live via Facebook on Monday, June 1 at noon. Please note that each establishment and patron can only win one gift card and grant each.
Please stay safe - wear a mask - and follow all safe social distancing procedures.
- The establishment must be open for business and located in Macomb County.
- Visit a independently own and operated Macomb County food or beverage establishment (diner, coffee shop, brewery, winery, ice cream parlors, bakery, etc) that is open and offering delivery or curbside pickup. Take a photo. The photo can be anything that represents your visit, a photo of the restaurant, shot of our carryout, a pic of the menu, etc.
- Fast food, franchise, chains and corporate establishments are excluded from this promotion.
- Submit an entry on MakeMacombYourHome.com – Be sure to mention the restaurant's name and location.
- Share on social media using #MacombIsOpen
- Entries must be taken between Wednesday, May 20 and Sunday, May 31, 2020. All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, May 31, 2020.
- Participants may enter multiple times using different establishments but can only win one (1) $50 Gift Card.
- Establishments may be represented by many different entries but are only eligible to win one (1) $1,000 grant.
- No purchase necessary.
- You cannot be an employee of the establishment you enter.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to participate.
#MacombIsOpen is an initiative of Macomb County in partnership with Michigan Schools and Government Credit Union, Macomb County Chamber, Sterling Heights Regional Chamber, Anchor Bay Chamber, Eastpointe-Roseville Chamber, Greater Romeo Washington Chamber, and Richmond Chamber of Commerce.