Best Mac in the Mac is back
Nominate your restaurant for the 2023 contest!
In 2021 and 2022, we asked our community to help us find the top housemade mac ‘n cheese in Macomb County and you answered the call, voting Sherwood Brewing Company and then K-Block's Fire Pit BBQ the winners of our Best Mac in the Mac contest.
Now we’re back for the third round of Mac Madness to find 2023’s Big Cheese! But first, we’re launching our call for entries.
So, are you an independently owned and operated restaurant in Macomb County? Do you make a macaroni and cheese dish from scratch and do your customers rave about it? If you answered yes, submit your place of business for consideration in the 2023 Mac Madness: Best Mac in the Mac contest Feb. 27 through March 13.
Nomination portal coming soon.
Who is eligible?
- Independently owned and operated restaurants in Macomb County
- National franchises are excluded
- Macaroni and cheese must be housemade
- One entry per restaurant
What happens after we submit our restaurant?
A bracket-style public vote will take place starting March 19 through April 3.
What do the winning restaurants receive?
- First place receives a $2,500 grant from Macomb County; 2nd place will receive $1,000, 3rd and 4th will receive $500
- A Mac Madness: Best Mac in the Mac plaque
- Bragging rights for the next year!
Stay tuned for more details and the launch of the 2023 bracket! And make note – public voting begins March 19!
Mac Madness starts at Noon on Sunday, March 19. The public can vote once per round.
- Sweet 16– March 19 - March 21
- Elite 8 – March 23 - March 25
- Final 4 – March 27 - March 29
- Championship Round – March 31 - April 3
- Winners announced - April 4