MOVE at work
Being active at work can provide employers with an opportunity to build a healthier workforce and a happier environment. On this page, employees can find tips and tricks to be more active at work and employers can find science-based, evidence-informed tools and services to help you build and maximize an effective workplace culture of health.
Why is it important?
Physical activity in the workplace is linked to increased productivity, less absenteeism, and health-spend savings for employees and employers.
What can employers do?
With employees spending 7.6 hours a day on average at their place of employment, worksites provide a unique setting to promote practices that can significantly increase physically active employees and potentially affect the health of millions of working adults.
- CDC Worksite Health Scorecard
- Michigan's Designing Healthy Environments at Work Website
- American Heart Association Employer Resources for Success
- Current Practices in Worksite Wellness Initiatives
- National Alliance for Nutrition and Activity Healthy Meeting Toolkit
- Physical Activity in the Workplace: A Guide for Employers
- Walk This Way: A Resource on State and Local Policies That Support Physical Activity and Wellness in and Around the Workplace
Check back soon for more resources for physical activity in the workplace!